Andrea McWilliams, a native Austenite, is a lobbyist and political fundraiser. She has been a political force in Texas since she became a Chief of Staff at the tender age of 21. She combines grace and grit along with patience and persuasion. Andrea brings her unique touch to every matter that she deals with, drawing from her experience in both the private and public sector.
She is the co-founder, along with her husband Dean, of McWilliams — a full-service firm of governmental affairs consultants. The husband and wife team, having a unique Republican/Democrat lobby, work together making sure that their clients are represented on both sides of the political arena. Their company is trusted at all levels, local, state, and national.
Leading news agencies acknowledge her role as a political strategist and her ability to raise funds for various causes. Texas Women’s Chamber of Commerce has acknowledged her as, “consigliere to the powerful and political.”
Andrea McWilliams has an extensive list of awards that she has won, among them are:
- Austin Business Journal’s “Profiles in Power.”
- Texas Women’s Chamber of Commerce’s “2016 Texas Businesswomen of the Year Finalist.”
- Girl Scouts of Central Texas, “Woman of Distinction.”
- Austin American-Statesman honored her as a member of its Glossy 8 list
- Austin Fashion Week’s “Style Setter” — this award is in recognition of her work and dedication to nonprofit organizations in the area.
- She is also the recipient of “Austin Under 40” Award.
- Andrea is a respected community volunteer and well-known for her philanthropy.
Here is a short list of non-profit organizations that she serves at:
- Texas Lyceum
- Maxi-Arte Museum
- Rise Across Texas Challenge
- The Elizabeth Ann Seton Hospital
- Austin Children in Crisis
- Long Center’s Notable Women (inaugural member)
She has represented result oriented cancer societies, among them, Susan G. Women Breast Cancer Foundation and KillCancer.
Among her political achievements, she passed $100 million in incentives during the 81st Legislative Session, to give Texas the primary spot on the globe for advanced clean coal power plant that captures carbon. She lives with her husband and three children in the historic Old Enfield neighborhood, continually contributing to its preservation.