The joy of having a large family, including pets, cannot be overemphasized. Sadly, with a large family comes a large responsibility to care for every member well. In the summer one of the challenges is the heat can get so high it hurts the animal life in your home. Goettl Air Conditioning has collected some quality tips that will keep you and your pets happy and safe.
1. Dog Walks At Cooler Hours – It is essential that you time your walks for your pets early or late in the day. Just like you, pets’ paws can burn if put in contact with hot asphalt or metal for too long. Care for your furry friends by considering their health during the day. You can also buy pet shoes if walking during the day is an essential for you.
2. Use Sunscreen – Both you and your pets should use sunscreen if you go walking longer than 30 minutes a day. This will keep your sensitive skin cells from being damaged.
3. Trim Hair – Dogs and cats are creatures whose ancestors lived in relatively cool climates. You usually do not see a wolf hiking around in the desert. Maybe a coyote, but those doggies have shorter hair. Make sure that you take into account your pet’s breed, and trim them well if they happen to have long hair.
4. Bathe Them Regularly – It is good to regularly wash your pets. Have a pet pool where your pets can relax and play during the warmer months. This will keep them in a good mood, and it will protect them from dehydration.
5. Avoid Pet Exposure to Machinery and Vehicles – Machines and vehicles can scare your pets, and they can also have chemicals that are dangerous to their health. Keep your animals on a leash, and give them a natural environment to play in.
Goettl Air Conditioning is glad to be of service to you and your family. Goettl is devoted to providing quality customer care and removing nasty troubles during the warm months. If you are having a bad day in a hot house, we are the ones to call.
Learn more about Goettl: